Does your husband really know how much you love him? It’s all too easy to forget to show just how much you care, so we’ve decided to share a few easy things you can do to make your husband feel special.
1. Cook for Him: My husband acts like I never cook and never feed him. So when I DO make something that he actually likes, he always seems pretty amazed by it. Granted, I am no gourmet chef – but I did assemble him a very yummy sandwich the other day when he stopped at home for lunch. Whether it’s his favorite dinner, cookies or a cake, or just a sandwich – it’s a nice gesture to show you care.
2. Compliment Him Like Crazy: Men love positive reinforcement. If you notice he does something nice, it’s a good idea to tell him that you noticed it and that you think he did a good job. Anytime my husband builds something or fixes something, he wants to hear that I like it and I think he did a good job. Don’t forget to compliment him on the things you take for granted, too – like taking out the garbage.
3. Pick Him Up a Treat at the Store: If I go grocery shopping by myself, I usually make sure I get something specifically just for my husband. Maybe its his favorite peanuts or chips or his favorite juice or energy drink. It doesn’t have to be big – just something that said, hey, while I was staring at food and picking up groceries, I made sure I got something that you love.
4. Give Him Affection: Affection is hard to come by with a lot of married couples, but it’s important in showing each other that you still care. A kiss on the cheek, a pat on the head, a big hug, snuggling – you have to do those things.
5. Write Notes: Love notes are great because they don’t take a lot of time to write, and they’re a quick way to show someone you’re thinking of them. See 55 Unique Places to Leave Love Notes for some ideas.
6. Be Spontaneous: It’s not good get stuck in a routine, otherwise special moments will seem few and far between. Pack up the car and take a romantic road trip or surprise him with tickets to his favorite event. Do something different.
7. Do One of His Jobs: My husband has two main jobs in our house: he takes out the garbage and cuts the grass. Of course he does many other things, but those are the two that are distinctively his. If I take out the garbage, he always gets really excited. It’s nice to hear “Aw, honey, you took out the garbage for me!”
8. Make Him Feel Like the Only Guy in the World: Men like to know there is not any competition. You can be the most faithful and loyal of wives, and he may still worry that some day you will not love his aging and balding self as much as you did when you first met. It’s good to do things that reinforce that he’s the only one for you.
9. Flirt Voraciously: For some reason we only associate flirting with those who are newly meeting and dating. You should definitely flirt with your husband – so pretend like you have a huge crush on him and you’re trying to get his attention from across the room.
10. Call, Email, Text, Etc.: It’s good to just let him know you’re thinking of him when you’re apart. It can be as simple as a text message or emailing him a cartoon or calling to see how his day is going.
Need more ideas? Don’t forget to check out our list of 100 Ways to Say I Love You.
What are things you do to make your husband or boyfriend (or other important man in your life) feel special? Share them in the comments section below!