Get ready for your favorite spooky holiday with some romantic Halloween ideas! While one might not think a holiday filled with ghosts and goblins, witches and jack-o-lanterns as a time for romance, there are still many romantic things you can do to celebrate Halloween as a couple. Halloween is a great time to do many things together that you wouldn’t ordinarily do with one another.
Here are some ideas for things you can do to celebrate Halloween as a couple:
1. Carve Pumpkins: Pumpkin carving is a great thing to do together and will bring out your inner child. You can either carve your own special pumpkin for your partner and if you have the patience carve out a special phrase and place a gift inside for them. One friend of mine even was proposed to this was – her boyfriend carved out the Words “Will You Marry Me?” in the pumpkin and placed the ring inside.You could also have fun carving the pumpkins together as an activity to do to bring you closer to one another. So there’s lots of creative things you can do with a pumpkin!
2. Play Dress Up: Dressing up for Halloween is another fun thing you can do. Whether your partner has always fantasized about you wearing a French Maid costume or you decide to go to a party together in a couple’s costume, you might as well use the excuse to wear something silly and have some fun together! Don’t forget to check out our Halloween Costumes for Couples!
3. Trick or Treat: You can play a fun game of trick or treat as a spin-off from the classic of truth or dare with each other where your partner decides whether he would like a trick or a treat. A trick will mean that you have to think of something he or she has to do, and a treat is where they can do something nice for you.
4. Visit a Haunted House: There’s nothing like a spooky haunted house that will make you and your partner glad you are with each other! Check your local newspaper or blogs to see what places and events will be going on so you can plan a spooky and fun filled night together.
5. Take a Hay Ride: A hayride is another fun thing you can do together in the fall around Halloween time and many farms and parks will be offering them.
6. Make a Treat Bag: Making a treat bag filled with his or her favorite candy and a few little Halloween trinkets is another idea. This is a great way to show you are thinking of him and her and give your partner his or her favorite candies even if you are both too old for trick or treating.
7. Watch a Scary Movie Together: Halloween is a great time to watch a spooky or scary movie together. There are all kinds of horror movies to watch that can give you both a great excuse to snuggle up together in front of the tv.
8. Go to a Fall Festival: October is a great time for fall festivals. Check your local paper for different activities in your area. You might be able to watch fresh apple cider being pressed or even check out a few craft fairs together. Sound like something just for girls? My husband loves the different festivals that have blacksmiths, tractors, and those other “manly things”.
9. Take a Moonlit Walk: There is something very eerie and romantic at the same time of taking a moonlit walk together in October. A big bright moon and clouds can be the perfect atmosphere for a romantic stroll together!
See? There are all kinds of things you can do for Halloween together, even if it is a spooky holiday. Do you have any other great romantic Halloween ideas? Share them in the comments section below!