Long Distance Love & Relationship Quotes

June 1, 2009

These long distance love quotes can help make a long distance relationship easier or give you hope when you can’t be with the one you love. They can also be used for romantic gifts, emails, text messages, or other things to keep the romance going even when you are separated from one another.

Below are some of our favorite long distance love quotes:

Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars. -Gilbert Parker

So what if the distance is too long? What matters is that we have the courage of love to cover any distance which dares to separate us. -Ankush Sharma

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. —Aristotle

Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. -Khalil Gibran

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. -Doug Fetherling

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely. -Charlie Brown

Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart. -Kay Knudsen

In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged. -Hans Nouwens

Separation exists only in human mind. -Rinon Hoxha

If you wait for me, then I’ll come for you. Although I’ve traveled far I always hold a place for you in my heart. If you think of me, If you miss me once in awhile, then I’ll return to you. I’ll return and fill that space in your heart. -Tracy Chapman, “The Promise”

Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great. -Roger de Rabutin

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities. -Janus Arony

I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you. -Pocahontas

If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.
-Bernard Byer

Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. -Albert Einstein

The return makes one love the farewell – Alfred De Musset

Every day at five o’clock…we have to think each other’s name. Hard. Someone once told me that if two people do that at exactly the same time, their thoughts can connect and they can hear each other. – Avi, from the book Sometimes I Think I Hear My Name

Separation penetrates the disappearing person like a pigment and steeps him in gentle radiance. -Boy George

And even though I know how very far apart we are it helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star. And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby, it helps to think we’re sleeping underneath the same big sky. -Somewhere Out There, from the movie An American Tail

Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Time is the longest distance between two places. -Tennessee Williams

We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere. – Tim McGraw

Need Long Distance Romantic Ideas?

Click Here for 1000 Questions for Couples and find out how just one email a day can make a huge difference in your long distance relationship and help you and your partner grow closer together, even when apart.

Tags: , , ,

Chelle is a freelance writer and married to the funniest guy in the world, mom of some cute crazy kids, and write mostly from my own experiences in love and relationships.

17 Responses to Long Distance Love & Relationship Quotes

1. krissy on June 1, 2009 at 11:24 pm

I absolutely love these. My boyfriend I have somewhat of a long distance relationship. Each of these quotes made me smile.

2. Tracy@Child Locator Device on June 2, 2009 at 10:30 am

These are great quotes. I was in a long distance relationship for the past year but two weeks ago we were finally married and now are together. It was well worth the weight.

Tracys last blog post..Protecting Our Older Children From Abduction and Danger

3. Helene on June 2, 2009 at 4:02 pm

A long distance relationship is like the distance between your own eyes. They do not always see each other, but they blink together, they cry together and they smile together, always

4. Shaz@Photoshop Tutorials on June 3, 2009 at 8:32 am

hahaha i definitely used three of those quotes, and it really worked… thanks for sharing some other good quotes to us…

Shazs last blog post..50+ Free Hand Picked Icon Sets You may not know about?

5. Felix@Mayweather vs Marquez on June 7, 2009 at 11:31 am

Long distance love relationship is quite difficult for both parties. Quotes like this might eased the feeling and constant communication might make it work.

Felixs last blog post..Watch Floyd Mayweather Jr. versus Juan Manuel Marquez Fighting for Number One

6. Sally@Pregnancy and Parenting on June 12, 2009 at 8:10 am

Some great quotes here – I love the poetry of some of the words. I seem to remember, though I can’t think who said it, one famous comedian bringing out a brilliant line to the effect of – “the further away the better”! LoL! Truest words IMO are certainly “absence makes the heart grow fonder”,

Sallys last blog post..Your summer family festival guide

7. Simo@Rocket Italian Premium on June 13, 2009 at 6:18 am

Long distance relationships are pretty tough going, especially if it’s across different countries. Personally I think it’s generally a better idea to not attempt it.

8. American heart association diet plan on June 13, 2009 at 7:59 am

This is contradicting to what I’ve read from other site but it looks more logical.
    Can you provide more information on this?

9. Ferienhäuser Spanien on June 13, 2009 at 4:14 pm

We may be miles far from each other, but every heart beat, every thought, every minute of longing binds us as one!! Just came in my thought on long distance relationship.

10. BK on June 19, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Long distance relationship can be very challenging and with this love quotes, hopefully people can be put in better perspective.

Congrats on the #3. :)

BKs last blog post..Playing For Change: Song Around the World ‘One Love’

11. Dan@Area Rugs on June 24, 2009 at 9:16 am

With the latest technology right now, the problem of long distance love is a thing of the past. But with some bit of push of quotes like this will add up to the spice of this kind of relationship.

12. Stephanie on May 7, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I am currently in a long distance relationship, never thought I would be, never thought I could do it. But he is the man that God himself created just for me, and as hard as it is to be away from him, I know that one day we will be together…each day that passes is one day closer to being wrapped in his wings again… Thank you for sharing these quotes, I send them to him, and he smiles…and that is a priceless gift….

13. marjurie lumbab on May 14, 2010 at 10:42 am

Marj Laurente Lumbab “When you feel alone, just look at the spaces between
    your fingers,
    remember that in those spaces you can see my fingers locked with yours
    forever.”

14. ranchoddas on May 15, 2010 at 1:46 pm

yeah they work…!!!i find them so very true…………

15. Brittany angus on May 18, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Me and myboyfriend have been in a long distance relationship for a good while now an we are only an hour apart at a younger age. He is my soul mate. We live by this… “far in distance, close at heart”

16. Raz Rana on May 31, 2010 at 8:53 am

i love this!!! i am currently in a long distance relationship.. it’s very hard for me when he needs to go back to his country and will be back here in phil after 1 year..
    we’re always communicating this past few months but when the month of May reached he hardly not txting me and calls me.. he said its very expensive and he cant txt and call anymore for he already reached his credit on his phone.. all i can do is to understand.. now his just writing on me on emails.. but just once a week.. :(

17. Dwight R. on May 31, 2010 at 11:40 pm

I met this AMAZING girl who I think I’m totally in love with. The only problem is i’m on the East Coast and she’s in Hawaii. She’s literally on the other side of the world and i’ll never get to see her with a grocery store salary and an F in geography. I like this quote “I hate the stars tonight because I look at the same ones you do, without you.”