The weather’s getting colder, the leaves are turning colors and it’s a great time to dive into some romance with your partner for autumn with a few of these romantic fall ideas.
Here are some of my favorite romantic fall ideas:
1. Go to a craft festival: Artisan crafts and colonial fairs are abundant in the fall, and it can be a great way to spend some time together while walking through the fair and watching demonstrations or see neat things you don’t see everyday.
2. Visit a farm: Many areas have apple orchards and farms you can visit for many activities for the fall. You can pick apples, pumpkins, and more.
3. Go for a hay ride: I’m not the biggest fan of hayrides, but taking a romantic hayride could be a fun way to sit close to each other and enjoy seeing a scenic tour.
4. Snuggle up in front of a cozy fire: Snuggling up together in front of a cozy fire is a great way to be romantic. Build a fire in your fireplace, or have a bonfire outside. Add hot chocolate and marshmallows and you’ve got a great romantic fall idea.
5. Take a nature hike: Fall is a pretty season with many trees changing colors. A nature hike is a great way to see the beautiful fall foliage while spending time together with the one you love.
6. Haunted Houses: With Halloween right around the corner, there is sure to be a haunted house near you. If creepy and scary are things you enjoy, visiting a haunted house or going on a little ghost hunt could be a fun romantic fall date idea.
7. Rake leaves together: There’s something fun even as an adult about raking up a giant pile of leaves and jumping in them. So go ahead and let your inner child loose an have fun jumping in leaves together.
8. High School Football Games: There’s something exciting about high school football games. Between the bands and watching young talent take the field, not to mention being able to sit close to each on the bleachers, it can be a lot of fun checking out a high school football game together. It doesn’t even matter if it’s not a high school you went to – you’ll still have a good time!
9. Get geared up for Halloween: Halloween can be lots of fun for couples – you can dress up in costumes, go trick or treating, watch scary movies together, or have fun making Halloween decorations like ghosts or pumpkin carving.
10. Escape for a romantic getaway: There’s plenty of places you can go to for a romantic fall weekend. My favorite, if you’re ever in the Virginia mountains area is a place called Love Virginia and has some awesome cabins with a fantastic view of the mountains, hot tubs, fireplaces, and no sign of civilization for miles. You will really feel refreshed and relaxed after spending a weekend there! You can check it out here. The pictures on the website do not even do the place justice!
As you can tell from my list, there’s lots of great things to do for fall romance and fall date ideas. Enjoy the season while it lasts and take advantage of these great romantic fall ideas! If you’re looking for more date ideas, don’t forget to check out my posts 15 Unique Date Ideas, Free Date Ideas, and 15 Romantic Rainy Day Date Ideas.
What are some of your favorite fall romantic ideas? Share them in the comments below.