100 Classic Rock Love Songs

May 31, 2008

To continue my music playlists of love songs, I decided this time to feature some of the most popular and best loved classic rock love songs. I’m not sure what really defines “classic rock” anymore, so some of these may not be “true” classic rock, but they’re all from the 60′s, 70′s, and 80′s. Some of them are less “rock” than others, as I’ve included a few favorites I have from when I was growing up and my parents would serenade me with these 70′s love songs.

At any rate, here’s a collection of love songs for you to enjoy :) Special thanks to Marc for suggesting Moondance. :) If you missed my last music playlist post, you can listen to an odd collection of odd/unpopular love songs here.

What are some of your favorite classic rock love songs? Share them in the comments below!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Chelle is a freelance writer and married to the funniest guy in the world, mom of some cute crazy kids, and write mostly from my own experiences in love and relationships.

21 Responses to 100 Classic Rock Love Songs

1. Alitta on June 2, 2008 at 4:23 am

Great list although i know only some of them hehe :)

2. deejay35@Oyun Download on August 31, 2008 at 4:59 pm

some of songs are really good. great list thnx.

deejay35s last blog post..Combat Arms

3. Anna on September 8, 2008 at 6:57 pm

Thanks for the awesome list. I was trying to make mix cd for my boyfriend who will only listen to classic rock and was totally stuck for songs before I found this site.

4. fatkennedy on September 9, 2008 at 3:41 pm

just an old fashioned love song sugar loaf, i go crazy paul davis, sentimental lady bob walsh, escape pina coloda song rupert holmes, crazy love poco thanks for the great song ideas

5. radyo dinle on September 9, 2008 at 8:34 pm

some of songs are really good. great list thnx.

6. Romantic Picnic Ideas on September 15, 2008 at 7:45 am

[...] music for a little added romance. Need some ideas for love songs? You might like my previous posts 100 Classic Rock Love Songs, Odd Collection of Unpopular Love Songs, and 100 More Alternative Love [...]

7. REBEL COWBOY on September 21, 2008 at 1:14 pm

MAN THIS LIST WAS AWSOME I KNOW ALL OF THEM…AND I HAVE TO SAY THEY ARE SOMEOF THE BEST OF THERE ERA ALTHOUG U HAVE ABOUT 30 YEARS OF MUSIC IN THERE..BUT ALL IN ALL A GOOD LIST OF MUSIC..

8. ameliyat oyunları on September 30, 2008 at 12:46 pm

some of songs are really good. great list thnx.

9. [...] you’re looking for more music, you may also enjoy my list of 100 Classic Rock Songs and 100 Sad Love Songs for some more great music you might [...]

10. AIZY on October 5, 2008 at 9:34 am

GREAT LIST THANX:):)

11. Dude on October 14, 2008 at 11:19 pm

everyone forgets about Blue Oyster Cult, you gotta here Death Valley Nights, Don’t Fear The Reaper, In Thee, I Love The Night and Burnin’ For You are all great love songs by them. oh and you can’t forget about The Beatles. if you checked thoughs songs out wright back about them

12. ahmet@film izle on October 31, 2008 at 9:27 pm

nice songs thnx

ahmets last blog post..Zaman Polisi

13. Lily on November 14, 2008 at 10:36 pm

Excellent list!

Can I suggest that you add Van Morrison’s “Have I Told you Lately that I Love You?”

Probably my favorite love song.

14. I on November 24, 2008 at 5:40 pm

nice playlist, nd good call on the AC/DC lol

15. Michelle Rye on November 28, 2008 at 11:59 am

Hi there – I am not sure if the 100 Classic Rock Love songs list is no posted anylonger but I am only able to see the comments about it. I just met a guy who owns a rock bar in Spain and want to make him a disk so badly, problem is that I listen to house/techno/electronic… I am lost! I would love to see your list! Thanks so much! ~Michelle

16. Dremergirl on January 15, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Omg!.. just what i needed!.. thanks!!
    Amazing list many songs i never heard before that i love now.
    thanks!

17. Billy on February 18, 2009 at 1:43 am

Man, great list! Some of the best songs ever written, and they’re not all just radio hits either, some of these are some deep album cuts. Best son’gs have to be Anytime- Journey, Moondance- Van Morrison, and oh my god, I never thought anyone else in this world likes And You An I- Yes! I freaking loved this song from the fist time I ever heard it sitting on the couch smoking pot when I was a teenager!

18. Billy on February 18, 2009 at 1:54 am

And By the way, how are you gonna have a list of love songs without the greatest love song ever? That song being I’ve Been Loving You Too Long by Otis Redding. Gov’t Mule does a version of it that’d make you cry!

19. master@vaporizers on February 27, 2009 at 7:43 am

I love the list, I myself is a fan of rock music

20. Torch Bearer on March 15, 2009 at 5:20 am

Awesome list.
    Many of my favorites are there.

A suggestion, it would be great if “before the dawn” by Judas Priest , ” and “Love will keep us alive – Eages and when when I look into youe eyes – Firehouse were also in the list