A romantic road trip is a great way to spend some time bonding with your partner. While the weatherâ€™s warm and the days are long why not take a romantic road trip with the one you love?
Here are 3 easy steps in creating the perfect romantic road trip.
1. Choose a Destination: Finding a destination is the easy part. You can choose wineries, flea markets, state parks, a city you enjoy visiting or other attraction youâ€™ve been meaning to see. Our Travel Ideas Page has a long list of travel sites you can choose from to plan your romantic road trip.
2. Pack Accordingly: You’ll want to be sure you have plenty of snacks, drinks, a map and/or GPS system, music for you and your partner to enjoy, a change of clothes, an emergency road kit, a book to read, or any other things you might need. It’s also a good idea to make sure you remember sunscreen and bug spray since you never know where you’re travels may take you! Below are some of our road trip picks from Amazon.
3. Add Some Romance Using These Ideas:
- Kiss your partner anytime you are stopped in traffic or at a red light.
- Hold hands when you stop at a rest stop or reach your destination.
- Swap silly stories or discuss your philosophy on life.
- Sing romantic songs to each other.
- Give the person who was driving a shoulder rub when you stop for a break.
- Answer 1000 Questions for Couples.
- Play road trip games together â€“ thereâ€™s a great list of games here.
- The passenger can read a favorite book or romantic poetry to the driver.
- Pick wildflowers or dandelions from the side of the road for your love.
- Keep receipts, ticket stubs, things you find, etc. as little trip souveniers to remember the road trip when it’s over.
Have any other great romantic road trip ideas? Feel free to share your romantic road trip ideas in the comments below.