Many of us are always looking for unique date ideas. It’s easy for us to get stuck in the trap of going out for dinner or watching movies. Sure, those things are fun, but there are plenty of other things we could be doing together that are a great way to spend time together, whether you’re in a new relationship or have been married for years.
Here are some unique date ideas you might have forgotten about:
- The Museum: What could be more fun than walking around and looking at dinosaurs or art? It’s a great way to spark conversation and enjoy yourselves in a relaxing environment.
- An Amusement Park or Carnival: An amusement park can be a very romantic place in this unique date idea. You will be able to talk to each other about anything while you wait in line, you can enjoy the thrill of riding a roller coaster together or you can just take it easy on the train or carousal rides.
- A Bookstore or Library: The bookstore is a great place to talk about different books you find, read each other poetry excerpts, browse magazines together and sip on lattes.
- Take a Hike: Hiking is great exercise and can also be a fun way to get to know someone better or rekindle the excitement of being together again. Bring a back pack with plenty of snacks and drinks and you’ll have a great time exploring your adventurous sides.
- Mini Golf: I’ve never met anyone who didn’t have a good time going mini-golfing. You can choose a basic course with windmills and slopes or find one that has tropical trees and waterfalls for some added ambiance.
- Visit the Zoo: Lions and tigers and bears..you and your date will have fun oohing and aahing over the animals and each other with this unique date idea.
- Ice Skating: Even in the summer you can find many indoor skating rinks perfect for a rainy day. If one of you doesn’t know how to skate, even better as you can hold hands while you slowly make your way around the rink. This is a great unique date idea that many of us overlook.
- Go on a Tour: You can watch how wine is made at a nearby winery or go on a factory tour of a popular company near you. You can often find factory tours at this website: Factory Tours USA.
- Do you both love music? Go to a music festival where the two of you can snuggle on a picnic blanket or visit small acoustic gig at a coffee shop. If you like to play music, stop at a music or guitar store and pretend you’re shopping for a new guitar or keyboard. This is one of my favorite dating ideas.
- A pet store or animal shelter: If you’re an animal lover, you’ll love being able to look at all the different pets and play with them. Be careful though – you might end up falling in love with one of the pets and taking a new furry friend home with you!
- The Flea Market: You’ll have fun reliving childhood memories or looking at unusual things you’ve never seen before at a flea market. You might even be able to find a few bargains while you’re at it.
- Plan a daytrip downtown. Many of us might go downtown for work or other reasons, but so few of us will go there just to relax in a community park or to admire the architecture of the skyscrapers and old buildings. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
- Go Bowling: Grab your bowling shoes and spend a fun time showing off your bowling skills. You can make it even more interesting by giving them a kiss for every pin they knock down or pretending you’re in a major competition.
- Go swimming: You can either visit a nearby water park or pool or opt for a community indoor pool in the winter. Have fun doing laps together, splashing each other, or if you visit a waterpark relaxing on a lazy river or sunbathing together.
- Go for a boat ride: You can opt for a canoe on a pond, a ferry ride, paddle boats, or even go white water rafting together if you’re adventurous with this unique date idea.
So there you have it – 15 unique date ideas and great places to go to enjoy spending time with your partner.